Tuesday, December 4, 2012

A cocktail created: The Fischer

So a little over a year ago I had the honor of hosting a birthday party for a dear friend of mine, Elyse Fischer. It was then that I decided I would create a cocktail just for her birthday. THIS was the birth of a tradition, if I host a party for you at my house there WILL be a cocktail in your honor. Vis a vis there will soon be posts of the Troutman, the Douglas, the Cornett and the Gentry. But lets face it, I think I found my love for creating cocktails from my love of ingesting cocktails.

So what you'll need is just 3 ingredients. Thats it! 4 ounces pineapple juice, 6 ounces hard apple cider and 2 ounces whiskey. In a pint glass with ice add your pinapple juice, then on top of that add the whiskey of your choice. Now I've found that people tend to be know-it-alls about their whiskey. Let me tell you what I know, that Wiser's is both inexpensive and mellow bodied so it mixes well (but I won't judge you if you go and grab your Makers). Once you have your pineapple juice and whiskey in the your pint glass all you do now is top of off with half a bottle of hard cider. Lightly stir and you are ready to serve!










This drink is delicious and so quick and easy to make. Just when you are sitting and enjoying this fall-tastic drink and thinking it is too cold...well thats when the whiskey comes in. It warms your belly and awakens your senses. I really feel it is what this drink needed to take it from girlie cocktail to a sweet and strong balance that works for everyone (21 and over of course). It is the very balance of the drink that will make you need a refill and not waste any of the hard cider you opened. I hope you like it as much as I did.

...till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment